Meet Dr. Barry S. Blank, DDS, MScD
On Being a Periodontist
In the 40 years I’ve been a practicing periodontist, I’ve never lost my passion to improve my patients’ oral health. When I’m able to restore their ability to chew comfortably, and smile without worrying about their appearance, I know I’ve made a difference for them. I truly enjoy what I do, and practice with sensitivity, compassion, and integrity.
I strive to remain on the leading edge of periodontics, melding current technologies and proven treatment processes, along with my experience. Together, these ensure the strongest results for my patients, along with the most comfortable care. — Dr. Barry S. Blank
Education and Continuing Education
- Undergraduate degree in anatomy – The Ohio State University
- Doctorate of Dental Surgery – The Ohio State University
- Internship – Dayton Veterans Administration Medical Center
- Periodontics certificate – Boston University School of Graduate Dentistry
- Master of Science in dentistry, periodontics – Boston University
Dr. Barry Blank believes in pursuing continuing education courses. By constantly expanding his knowledge and skills, as well as the treatments he’s able to offer his patients, he provides the best care and oral health results.
- American Academy of Periodontology
- American Dental Association
- International Congress of Oral Implantologists
- Midwest Society of Periodontology
- Ohio Dental Association
- Marion Academy of Dentistry
- Columbus Dental Society
Dr. Blank is a Bexley, OH, native. He and his wife Denise have been married for almost 50 years. The couple has two daughters; one is a teacher and the other is a lawyer. They also have five wonderful grandchildren. Spending time visiting with family is Dr. Blank’s favorite pastime, though he also enjoys playing golf and working out.