Meet Dr. Alan R Levy, DMD
On Being a Periodontist
I believe in paying close personal attention to each patient’s individual needs, along with a commitment to delivering the highest quality of care. Every patient’s clinical situation is different, so I use my years of experience to develop a unique treatment approach that is right for their needs. By combining the latest technology and most appropriate methods, I am able to restore a patient’s function and smile. — Dr. Alan R. Levy
Education and Continuing Education
- Bachelor of Arts in chemistry – Queens College, City University of New York
- Doctorate of Dental Medicine – Tufts University School of Dental Medicine
- Certificate in perdiodontology – University of Oregon Health Science University
Each year, Dr. Alan Levy participates in multiple continuing education courses. This ensures he is able to offer his patients state-of-the-art periodontal therapy in a safe, warm, and caring environment.
Dr. Levy has served as a clinical assistant professor of periodontology at the College of Dentistry of The Ohio State University. He is also a founding member of the Interdisciplinary Study Group and the West Side Columbus Dental Study Group.
- American Academy of Periodontology
- American Dental Association
- Ohio Dental Association
- Columbus Society of Periodontics, past president
- Columbus Dental Society
- Hocking Valley Dental Society, past president
After growing up in Queens, NY, Dr. Levy moved to the Columbus, OH area, where he has lived for almost 40 years. His wife Barbara is an attorney who practices special education law.
Dr. Levy’s daughter Gillian is a pathologist in Greenwich, CT, where she resides with her husband Alex, who is also a pathologist. Dr. Levy’s son Samuel is a physician currently living in Paris, France, with his wife Cynthia, who is an ophthalmology resident.
Samuel and Cynthia have given Dr. Levy his first granddaughter, a wonderful girl named Gabrielle.